[TxMt] Ditch the drawer

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Nov 23 14:04:55 UTC 2005

On 23/11/2005, at 14:52, Colin D. Devroe wrote:

> [...] Perhaps this could be a preference?

You can always edit the nib, but having it in the window does IMHO
require different icons (i.e. some bar below the list a la Mail).

I'm changing things slightly for 1.2, so I'm not adding any visual
preferences before the stuff is set in stone -- also, in 1.2 I plan
to let the difference between projects and single file only be the
presence of the (to be more like a file-system browser) drawer. The
drawer works much better for “toggling” such things.

And with cmd-T, tabs, and possibly some enhancements wrt both of
these, the drawer should very rarely be required to be called upon --
the thing Jack mentioned about having to resize the window after
sliding away the drawer, that's something which could just be improved.