[TxMt] Open Recent for CL tool

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Nov 23 00:24:16 UTC 2005

On 22/11/2005, at 23:50, Jason Haslam wrote:

> I noticed that the mate CL tool has a -r --recent option to add the
> file to the Open Recent menu but this doesn't seem to work for me.
> Am I doing something wrong?

No, that seems to be broken. I've fixed it.

> Also I would say that this should be the default but it isn't a big
> deal since I can just alias mate as mate -r.

Personally, the majority of my “mate” use (in addition to $EDITOR) is
for things entirely restricted to Terminal (which has its own
history) and involves opening dozens of files each day (many of them
being temporary). So that's why it's not enabled by default (i.e.
it'd destroy the usefulness of the Recent menu).

Though I have no idea how many keep the two file system views (Finder
versus Terminal) as task specific as I do.