[TxMt] wanker alert

Brian Lalor blalor at bravo5.org
Fri Nov 18 13:44:31 UTC 2005

On Nov 18, 2005, at 8:29 AM, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:

> I didn't know him, but further reading shows that he is a software
> developer at Freshly Squeezed Software...
> Somehow I find that very hard to believe.

Yeah, I've seen several posts of his complaining about TextMate.
Just a couple of days ago he posted "TM's not AppleScriptable, so I'm
taking my toys and going home" (I'm paraphrasing here).  Now he's
again complaining about TM.  Geez, dude; put up or shut up.

Seriously, even if TM *did* support AppleScript (which I do think
would be nice, but I don't know how I'd personally use it...) what's
the likelihood of his BBEdit scripts working out of the box, anyway?

Switching editors is like changing cars; you can't go from a pickup
truck to a sports car and not expect to have to reorient yourself.
Your tools, techniques, driving style, expectations and capabilities
will have to adapt to the new car.  You can't hop in a MINI and
expect to haul around that three-ton trailer you've been hauling with
your F-150, nor can you slice through traffic with the precision of a
surgeon with the truck.

Brian Lalor / blalor at bravo5.org
     Stewardess: We know you have your choice of bankrupt carriers
and we
     appreciate you choosing us.