[TxMt] TextMate hangs on large files...

Jim Leask leask at rogers.com
Sat Nov 12 04:33:00 UTC 2005

I have just discovered TextMate, and am so far very happy with it,
but I think I just hit a glitch...

I am trying to edit a SQL load file that is about 5M, which shouldn't
be a problem. However, some of the lines are very long, as a complete
website contents is in a single line. I have no idea how many
characters are  in this line, but I suspect about 2M worth.

Anyway, TextMate hangs while trying to work with this file. I can't
do much at all. Even a simple act of scrolling hangs. TextEdit does a
reasonably good job with the file though...

Actually, I don't think it is hanging, as it eventually responds
(about 30 seconds later), but it is so slow that it is completely
unusable. Is this a known problem? For me, it is weird files like
this that we need an editor like TextMate to be able to easily handle.

Thanks...

Jim Leask