[TxMt] Very nice

Brad Miller bonelake at mac.com
Fri Nov 11 02:38:20 UTC 2005

On Nov 10, 2005, at 9:03 AM, Luc Heinrich wrote:

> On 10 nov. 05, at 11:28, Matt Mower wrote:
>
>> ...and the symbol popup is great.
>
> Well, it's a good start yes, but it's pretty much close to useless,
> for me at least :p
>
> A simple Ruby example:
>
> class Foo
>     def initialize
>     end
> end
>
> class Bar
>     def initialize
>     end
> end
>
> The symbol popup for this file will show:
> <TxM_symbol_popup.png>
>
> When it should at least show something like:
> Foo::initialize
> Bar::initialize
>
> Or better:
> Foo
>   initialize
> Bar
>   initialize
>
> Or even better, like SubEthaEdit with cute little icons :)
> <SEE_symbol_popup.png>
>
> Looking forward to see what the next updates will bring us... Can I
> also have SubEthaEdit's superior block editing ? Please ? ;)
You can get pretty close to the same thing already. You won't have
the nice icons, but you will have class and or def to set apart the
class declarations from the method definitions.    Note, this example
is for Python not Ruby so you will have to translate the scope names
to their ruby equivalents...

First go open up your language in the Bundle editor and  create a new
preferences.  The contents of this new preference should be {
showInSymbolList = '1'; }

Now the critical part is to set the scope:  In python I set the scope
to:
		source.python declaration.function, declaration.class

Now close the bundle editor.

With those definitions Here's what my symbols menu looks like for a
file with multiple classes....