[TxMt] Number of Textmate users?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Nov 10 11:28:37 UTC 2005

On 10/11/2005, at 11.09, Jonas Witt wrote:

> My serial number is #3539, so if this is a numerus currens, my
> question is partly answered. Thanks, Sune. :)

It is, yes. Number of downloads is difficult to estimate because of
people re-downloading (upgrading), and random hits from bots/caches/
proxies/whatever -- but my estimate is roughly 160 real downloads/day.

As for total users, roughly 40% of the clients doing version checks
(per day) is from unregistered clients. So that'd put the user base
around 5-6,000.