[TxMt] Java support in TextMate (was Tidy change?)

Brian Lalor blalor at bravo5.org
Wed Nov 9 13:07:36 UTC 2005

On Nov 8, 2005, at 5:08 PM, Brad Miller wrote:

> The number one thing I miss when trying to do java coding in TM is
> code autocompletion, and code hinting.  I guess codesense is the
> more common term.  I think this would probably require some kind of
> plugin.

Probably.  I haven't played with any of the existing tools for code
browsing or completion or anything.  I think the code browser with
ctags support might be a good start...  I wouldn't even know where to
start with this kind of thing, really...

> Second on my list would be some of the common refactoring things
> like wrap in try/catch,

That should be a pretty simple macro...  Organization of imports
would be great, too, but probably requires some kind of "codesense"
help.

> smart rename/delete etc.

That would certainly be handy.  I think TM currently caches filenames
a little too aggressively for this kind of thing to work well without
switching away and back, however.  For renaming files, anyway.

> I'd be willing to help with some of the work.

Woo hoo! :-)

--
    __   ____
   / /  / __/ Brian Lalor