[TxMt] Toggle Comment with no selection

Matt Mower matt.mower at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 15:25:11 UTC 2005

On 07/11/05, peter royal <peter.royal at pobox.com> wrote:
> I keep hitting the 'Toggle Comment' command with no selection,
> expecting it to work on the current line only, but it does the whole
> file. I find this behavior counter-intuitive. Does anyone else? And
> if so, is it possible to have it changed?

This sounds like the problem Allan gave me a fix for a little while ago:

> [...] Is it possible for me to make this change?

The easiest is probably to record a macro which first does: Edit ->
Select -> Line, then Toggle Comment.

The Select Line will extended current selection to line boundaries,
so it should work even when there already is a selection (for line
mode comments).

If you give the new macro a scope of source.ruby, it'll be more
specific than source (which the original command uses), so you can
assign cmd-/ to this new macro w/o touching the org. command.

[Original message: Date: 21-Oct-2005 11:16
Subject: Re: [TxMt] Cmd+/ shouldn't do select-all]

Regards,

matt

--