[TxMt] What does this key do?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Nov 7 13:58:30 UTC 2005

On 07/11/2005, at 14.36, Matt Mower wrote:

> As another suggestion (which is probably already in your list) would
> it be possible for the Undo menu action to describe the last action
> taken (e.g. I can see "Undo Typing" in the Edit menu right now).

This is rather difficult for me to administrate, so chances are low.

> [...] I'm surprised you can't be aware of all actions executed --
> seems like
> that would be a somewhat precarious position for an app to be in.

This is what gives you consistency across applications, allow
applications to be accessed by disabled users, cause OS upgrades to
introduce new features in existing applications, and so on -- you
want as much as possible to be handled by the OS/framework.

TM though is a little atypical, in that I overwrite a lot of standard
behavior (not always ideal, withnessed e.g. by the broken CJK input
method), but there are still much which is handled by the framework,
and e.g. when you press cmd-C, TextMate does not see this key, it
sees the “copy:” action method (and doesn't know it was a key press
that resulted in the message).