[TxMt] LaTeX diplaymath mode problems

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Mon Nov 7 04:00:12 UTC 2005

On 07/11/2005, at 1.52, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> [...] Then I would expect something like: \double{$x^2+1=0$} to
> recognize $x^2+1=0$ as math, which it does at the moment. The
> problem is that these commands are caught by the TeX syntax, so of
> course can only see stuff from the TeX syntax. Maybe an option
> would be to have them be caught by the LaTeX syntax also? It would
> be duplicating code, that's why I don't particularly like it as an
> approach

What can be done is to let the TeX syntax include "$base" for the
command argument, that will include the base syntax file, so that'd
be LaTeX when the document is marked up as LaTeX, and TeX when the
document is TeX.

We use this e.g. in the C grammar, which has a few recursive rules,
and is (sometimes) included by the C++ or Objective-C grammar.

Though not sure if there are other problems using the LaTeX grammar
recursively (as I got the impression of, from Brads comment).