[TxMt] LaTeX diplaymath mode problems

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Sun Nov 6 23:56:18 UTC 2005

On Nov 6, 2005, at 5:23 PM, Brad Miller wrote:

> or (the following does not seem to be well documented, but appears
> to work)
>   $$ dispalyed math equation $$

Hm, I have to admit I find this statement very surprising. It is
extremely well documented in the TeXbook:
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/knuth/tex/texbook.tex
I guess this might be the difference: That this is the way to do it
in TeX, but not in LaTeX. Anyway...
> I don't think there is any difference between equation* and
> displaymath but I could be wrong...

Well, I guess the question here would be, if you redefine one of the
two, does that redefine the other as well? I dunno, I'm afraid I
don't have a very deep knowledge of LaTeX either.

> I think for purposes of scoping in TextMate we ought to treat them
> all the same.

I agree.

Upon further investigation of my file, the problem seems to be that
all this falls also under the scope of meta.function.with-arg.tex,
since it happens within the scope of a \comment{ command. If I close
this command before the displaymath part, then it works fine. So this
is not a problem simply to do with the math scopes.