[TxMt] LaTeX diplaymath mode problems

Brad Miller bonelake at mac.com
Sun Nov 6 22:19:46 UTC 2005

On Nov 6, 2005, at 3:54 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> I've noticed that right now displaymath modes in latex initiated by
> $$ are not handled correctly. It seems that lots of times, though
> not entirely consistently, they are being captured by the
> string.other.math.tex scope, instead of the
> string.other.math.block.latex scope.
> In other words, the two dollars signs next to each other are
> matched as the begining and end of a simple math mode, instead of
> being considered as the beginning of a block math mode. What makes
> it even weirder is that the following:
> $$\int_{C_{t}}e^{g(z,t)}f(z,t)\d z$$ where $g,f$
> would consider the first pair of dollar signs as
> string.other.math.tex scope, and the second as the beginning of
> string.other.math.block.latex, which then goes on to capture the
> entire rest of the document.
> So I am wondering, how is this possible that the $$ is not
> consistently matched, and what can we do about it?

I pasted your example above into the test.tex document and the text
between the $$ .. $$ is scoped as string.other.math.tex  The word
'where' is scoped as text.latex and the g,f is scoped as
string.other.math.tex  I believe those are all correct yes?

So, now I'm curious as to whats different between your document and
the test.tex document.

Is there a a reason to make the block math scope different than the
regular math scope?  It seems like it might be better to move the $$
into the TeX syntax file so that the contents of a block math scope
got the same treatment as an inline math math.tex scope?

Brad