[TxMt] LaTeX diplaymath mode problems

Brad Miller bonelake at mac.com
Sun Nov 6 22:10:35 UTC 2005

Haris,

How its possible is easy to explain... I don't ever use $$ to start a
math mode, in fact until I saw this email I either did not know or
had forgotten that $$ was even valid.  So, for all the work I've done
modifying both TeX and LaTeX modes I've never thought about it.
Right now, I look to the test.tex file as the spec for this bundle.
That is does everything in the test document look good, and is it
scoped correctly.

I only know that parts of TeX and LaTeX that I use.  I've never taken
a step back and thought about how to structure the language
definition from the top down.  I'm not even certain that TeX is
'regular' enough to do that well.

I'm certainly open to suggestions from other TeX experts on how to
make the bundle better or if there is a way to refactor what is
already there to make it work more consistently.  In the meantime,
I'll add your example below to the test.tex file in the bundle and
give it some thought.

Brad