[TxMt] Re: Full Screen

Benjamin Jackson ben at incomumdesign.com
Sun Nov 6 18:01:04 UTC 2005

> One problem with full-screen apps on the Mac is the fact that good
> Cocoa interfaces don't lend themselves to a full-screen environment.
> Ulysses is a good example. It works full-screen because its interface
> is a single monolithic window, but that makes it look like hell when
> it has to share a desktop with other apps. A full screen TextMate
> would require either a significant interface change or a loss of
> functionality, and I don't know that I'd really want either of those.

I'd be happy with just being able to make the active tab take up the
full screen. I don't need access to tabs, the file drawer, or any of
the other interface elements. I just want my green text on my black
screen and nothing else. If I want to do something that will take me
out of my current mode, like switching files or tabs, I can use a
hotkey or just hit escape to get back to normal mode.
Ben Jackson
Diretor de Desenvolvimento

ben at incomumdesign.com
http://www.incomumdesign.com