[TxMt] Editing files via FTP

Trevor Turk trevorturk at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 16:36:34 UTC 2005

--- Allan Odgaard <throw-away-1 at macromates.com> wrote:

> On 02/11/2005, at 18.50, Trevor Turk wrote:
>
> > [...] Is there a way to make a "project" that
> points to
> > files that are online? Is there a way to get new
> files
> > to open in a single window?
>
> No, there isn't.
>
> > I got the impression that
> > this "single window" thing I was talking about
> might
> > be coming to TextMate
>
> Correct.

Sweet. Thanks for the reply, and I'm looking forward
to some single window action. I actually just got some
money in my coffers, so I could afford to pick up a
license today. Great product. Lightweight and
extensible - just how I like it. Plus it really is...
good looking... somehow...

I found that you can drag a folder onto TextMate to
open it in a single window. That's actually pretty
good for my purposes generally, but it looks like you
can't do that via Transmit. I'm going to guess that
this is a limitation coming from Transmit's side of
things, but if not, it would be nice to see that
feature brought to remote editing. Not a big deal, and
probably not possible/feasible, but I thought I'd
point it out.

Thanks again,
- Trevor