[TxMt] defaults OakShellVariables

Simon Gregory simon at helvector.org
Wed Nov 2 13:48:05 UTC 2005

I'm looking for an easy way to add a shell variable to TextMates
preferences via a shell script, I've got so far but the final step
seems a little illusive.

The following just overwrites what's already there....

defaults write com.macromates.textmate OakShellVariables '{enabled =
1; value = "/Users/simon/classes"; variable = "CLASS_PATH"; }'

As the script would run as part of a bundle package install it would
be possible to quit textmate first and not run the risk of defaults
confusion, but ideally I'd like something similar that could simply
be executed via a command.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Simon