[TxMt] project: duplicates can be added and lack of alias

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Nov 2 07:02:01 UTC 2005

On 01/11/2005, at 15.07, Timothy Bates wrote:

> Is there a reason that the project view doesn't store alias's?
> These allow
> you to track files seamlessly.

The only reason is that nowhere in the Cocoa API are aliases
available -- but 1.2 will use aliases.

> Also, it seems wrong to be able to add a file twice to the project:
> shouldn't the project detect that the file is already there and just
> activate it's view tab?

Initially TextMate was made to deal only with groups of added files
(like Xcode, which I modeled it after), and folder references were
then added as an afterthought (with the ability to mix live folder
references and static groups/files) -- this is why files in the
project drawer doesn't always work as expected. This is also
something I'll correct for 1.2.