[TxMt] NFS mount and ._ files

Jon Gubman jon at jgubman.com
Tue Nov 1 00:23:51 UTC 2005

Hi,
I recently started using TextMate, apologies if this question has
been answered in the past.

I use TextMate at work, where my rails application runs on a shared
linux box and I edit files by mounting an NFS disk.
My OS X and Linux uid and gid's are the same and I'm able to use the
NFS disk w/o any problems, except TextMate likes to litter the NFS
server w/ "._" files like so:

devbox2: ~/amp [4] > svn st
?      app/models/._foo.rb
?      app/models/._bar.rb
?      app/controllers/._foo.rb
?      app/views/foo/.__form.rhtml
M      app/views/foo/_form.rhtml

and the "._" files seem to just reference where my cursor was at:

devbox2: ~/amp [5] > strings app/models/._foo.rb
9{"com.macromates.caret" = "{column = 49; line = 13; }"; }

Any way I can get TextMate to stop generating these files (even if it
means I lose my cursor focus)?

thanks,
Jon