[TxMt] Manual

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue May 31 09:55:55 UTC 2005

On May 31, 2005, at 11:03, Sam Andrews wrote:

> there must be some sort of collaborative web application out there
> that could be used to author a manual from the user base -
> something that allows sections and subsections to be created, and
> has some sort of simple revision tracking.

Indeed there is! :) And I also do run Hieraki, but I never got
started on the actual manual, I thought it best to have at least some
structure before inviting peers, but I guess nothing is lost by
revealing the secret location of this system:

    http://macromates.com:3000/

> i don't use half the features of textmate, but would happily proof/
> edit/tidy/re-write on an ad-hoc basis the contributions of those
> more technical than myself.

The current stuff in the manual is not ment to be in the manual, I
just pasted something so at least it wasn't empty.

If anyone wants an author account, there is an apply option on the
page, and I'll naturally welcome all contributions I can get.

And as I write in the introduction, I'm also very open for
contributions which are more in the form of a chapter/page title with
a few questions. Given a question I can generally give detailed answers.