[TxMt] more encodings

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at je-ju.net
Fri May 27 10:47:22 UTC 2005

On 27-05-2005 12:29, Zoltan Varady wrote:
> True. I don't contest that UTF-8 is the way for the future. However I
> have lots of old projects I'm still working on that use iso-8859-2. It
> has good browser support, while using UTF-8 as the encoding for my
> webpages often causes weirdness in some browsers - accented characters
> appearing in a different font from the other text, for example.

You're probably using Firefox and changed your own font preferences...
Firefox has a seperate font preference for each encoding (why? beats me).
So you'd have to go to the font preferences and set the encoding to
unicode at the top and redo the changes you did there.

This is also true for Thunderbird btw.

Jeroen.

--
            <http://www.je-ju.net/~jeroen/blog/>