[TxMt] more encodings

Zoltan Varady drifter at zpok.hu
Fri May 27 10:13:41 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I gave TextMate a try, I absolutely love it's feel. I'd definetly buy
it, if only it would support more text encodings besides Unicode and
iso-latin-1. Specifically, as a hungarian I'd need iso-latin-2
(iso-8859-2), but I assume there other people from other parts of the
world with similar concerns, needing different encodings.

I think SubEthaEdit solves this right, with an editable encodings list,
and an option to either convert the current text to the new encoding,
or "reopen" the text with a new encoding.

I'd be glad to help out with testing or coding or whatever to make this
work.

cheers,

Zoltan Varady