[TxMt] $SVN_EDITOR = tm broken in b9? SOLVED

Tom Lazar tom at tomster.org
Sun May 22 20:29:31 UTC 2005

followup:

the problem seems to lie in the new default behaviour of tm for
waiting or not waiting, i.e. look at

tm --help
Usage: tm [-awl<number>hv] [file ...]
-a, --async           Do not wait for file to be closed by TextMate.
-w, --wait            Wait for file to be closed by TextMate.

so, changing

SVN_EDITOR=tm

SVN_EDITOR=tm -w

in my ~/.cshrc solved the problem.

RTFM, tom ;-)

On May 22, 2005, at 9:35 PM, Tom Lazar wrote:

> hi there,
>
> I use tm as editor for subversion commits from the commandline (as
> opposed to from within TextMate) and as of lately, the messages I
> edit in tm somehow aren't saved for the svn command... after saving
> and closing the document window svn prints:
>
> tomster at Burroughs# svn ci
>
> Log message unchanged or not specified
> a)bort, c)ontinue, e)dit
>
> any idas?