[TxMt] Nested snippets

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at math.uchicago.edu
Fri May 20 02:43:14 UTC 2005

On May 19, 2005, at 9:30 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

>> 3) If there is no workaround, do people have a preference on which of
>> the two situations is more useful?
>
> Probably depends on the situation ;)

It's just that the snippets in the LaTeX bundle are not consistent,
some of them are one way and some the other. I guess in hindsight it
makes sense the way they are now. The equation snippet usually contains
a line or two, so probably no other snippet will be used in there. The
general begin-end snippet is designed more for environments, and there
are more things going in there usually, so it makes sense to allow
other snippets in there.

Btw, I have some more snippets for common environments, like theorem,
lemma, definition etc, but since these are user defined environments
and the users might want to name their theorem environments
differently, I have not included them in the bundle. If you want/are
not opposed to, I could add them, and the user can edit them to their
liking later on. Sure they can use the generic begin-end snippet, but I
find I use them so often that I'd much rather have snippets for them
anyway. Also, my personal preference is to automatically add labels to
them as well.

Haris