[TxMt] Nested snippets

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at math.uchicago.edu
Thu May 19 22:35:09 UTC 2005

Suppose you have two snippets, like:
\\begin{${1:name}}
	$2
\\end{${1:name}}

and

\\emph{${1:emphasized text...}}

and suppose we want to insert the second snippet while editing $2 of
the first snippet. Then the snippet will not expand. On the other hand,
working only with the first snippet, once we are done editing $2 and
press tab, we will conveniently move out of the snippet.
One the other hand, we could have the first snippet as:
\\begin{${1:name}}
	$0
\\end{${1:name}}

This has the advantage that the second snippet will work while editing
$0, but the disadvantage that tabbing will no longer take us out of the
first snippet.
Questions:
1) Is there a workaround to make both things possible?
2) More generally is it possible, or  planned in the future, to support
activating a new snippet while in the process of completing another
snippet?
3) If there is no workaround, do people have a preference on which of
the two situations is more useful?

thanks,
Haris