[TxMt] slow text rendering

Tom Lazar tom at tomster.org
Fri May 13 20:22:28 UTC 2005

On May 13, 2005, at 10:18 PM, Jack Baty wrote:

> FWIW, I'm seeing the same thing with b8 on an iMac G5 (Tiger, 1Gig
> RAM). Syntax-highlighted Ruby code just sort of paints itself down
> the document. It's fun to watch, but the novelty quickly wears off :)

dito here for XML-mode on a 4000+ line XML-Document on a Dual 1GHz G4
with Panther. I can actually jump ahead of the 'coloring wave' and
wait for it to catch up. Since everything seems to be threaded, I can
start working in the uncolored section, but as Jack says: "The
novelty quickly wears off"...

tom

--
Tom Lazar