[TxMt] delay after switching back to TM

Tom Lazar tom at tomster.org
Sun May 8 13:14:35 UTC 2005

On May 8, 2005, at 4:43 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On May 8, 2005, at 4:35, Samuel DeVore wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't only need to check the status of files in the tabs?
>
> Well, it needs to update the project drawer, and it needs the file
> list for e.g. cmd-T etc. -- but yes, there's room for improvements,
> and as previously stated, it will be changed to be more lazy and
> offload some scanning to separate threads -- but it'll have to wait
> till I anyway will update the project window for other planned
> changes and improvements.

I understand perfectly that you don't want to fix something now that
you're going to rewrite soon[tm] anyway. but would it be possible,
that one could state as a preference (using a defaults write
statement) that TM only checks the open tabs? for the way I work (and
perhaps others, too) that would be a great productivity enhancer for
the mean time.

or perhaps only do the check if the project drawer is visible (I
actually tried that to see, if the delay would disappear together
with it)

and a final note: given all that 'heavy weight'-checking that's going
on every time i switch back to TM it's kind of disappointing to find
that it doesn't seem to pick up changes to currently open files, i.e.
when I append something to my to-do list via quicksilver and i switch
back to TM, that new line doesn't show up, if the to-do list was open
already. i need to switch to another tab and back again to manually
enforce the update.

i have actually lost quite a few to-do items this way :( (by adding
items in TM before it picked up the change and then saving from TM
thus overwriting the item that was on the version of the to-do list
on the filesystem)

just though, I'd mention it ;)

best regards,

tom