[TxMt] which tidy binary to install?

Tom Lazar tom at tomster.org
Sat May 7 17:41:07 UTC 2005

On May 7, 2005, at 7:23 PM, Eric Hsu wrote:

> but the upshot is that tidy.sourceforge.net has a prebuilt binary
> for OS X.

got it, thanks (also, sorry for not having checked the list archive
before posting!)

> It works fine for me on Tiger.

here, too (so far...)

> I think one opens a can of worms when we include stuff in the
> Bundles. E.g. if we include tidy, then we in theory should include
> the source code according to the gpl...

right, I see your point. I just checked the markdown page - there
don't seem to be any licence requirements, phew ;-)

OTOH since we're all (by definition) on (more or less) the same
platform, it *would* IMHO make sense to include useful utilitites -
for convenience sake and for a, uhm, <marketing-speak>"rich out-of-
the-box experience"</marketing-speak>

but that's something that should probably be discussed before-hand
before we start adding scripts and running into danger by
(accidentally) violating licence terms.

my $0.02,

tom

Tom Lazar