[TxMt] svn: Can't recode string

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Wed May 4 14:33:47 UTC 2005

Just as a test I tried checking out a fresh version and it worked fine for me.
I have this in my bash_profile :
export LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"

what version of the svn binary are you using?

this is my output of "svn --version" on Mac OS 10.3.9 :

svn, version 1.1.0 (r11180)
   compiled Sep 30 2004, 10:21:39

Copyright (C) 2000-2004 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
This product includes software developed by CollabNet (http://www.Collab.Net/).

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_dav : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV (DeltaV) protocol.
  - handles 'http' schema
  - handles 'https' schema
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' schema
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
  - handles 'svn' schema