[TxMt] Future betas with bundles again?

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at je-ju.net
Tue May 3 16:32:04 UTC 2005

On 03-05-2005 17:39, Christian Bogen wrote:
> Am 02.05.2005 um 13:25 schrieb Brian Lalor:
>
>> As others have mentioned, fink already supports Tiger.  I'd like to
>> take this time, however, to make sure everyone's aware of
>> DarwinPorts.  For reasons I completely forget, now, I've preferred
>> DarwinPorts to Fink since I started using OS X.
>

> Hmm, I've looked at posting on the Fink website -- looks more like
> ›support‹ than support to me ... ;-) I'll wait for the new version!
> BTW, I've also looked at the DarwinPorts but they seem to require the
> presence of the Developer tool. And I'm not a programmer and wouldn't
> like to pile them on my harddrive.

Makes no difference, you need them for Fink as well [1]

The whole purpose of Fink and Darwinports is to make it easier for you to
install software that requires compiling. There are some pre-compiled
packages in Fink I believe, but afaik not for everything.

Jeroen.

[1] http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/bundled/install-first.php#req
--
            <http://www.je-ju.net/~jeroen/blog/>