[TxMt] tm does not work when I don't pass anything to it...

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at je-ju.net
Mon May 2 15:32:11 UTC 2005

On 02-05-2005 16:19, John Kopanas wrote:
> Before I re-installed Tiger and installed Textmate I was able to call
> 'tm' from command line and it worked perfectly... now it does not  open
> tm unless I pass something to it... is that the way it is  suppose to work?

It is actually creating a pipe in which you can put text. You can type
away some text, press ctrl-D and voila, new text document in TM.
This allows you to do things like "echo 'Hello World' | tm" and it will
show up as a new document.

The downside is that you can't launch TextMate that way, but now that you
have Tiger, you can do Ctrl-space, textmate, cmd-enter, or use QuickSilver ;)

Jeroen.
--
            <http://www.je-ju.net/~jeroen/blog/>