[TxMt] Keybinding weirdness under Tiger

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon May 2 07:51:37 UTC 2005

On May 2, 2005, at 2:53, Brad Miller wrote:

> In case anyone else is experiencing this I finally found a way around
> this problem. (I think this method has been discussed on this list
> long ago.)  I used the System Preferences Keyboard & Mouse panel to
> create a custom shortcut for Reformat Paragraph.  Once I did that
> ctrl-f went back to working the emacs way that my fingers know and
> love so well.
>
> I still have no idea why things would behave one way in a project
> window and another way in a standalone window.

Yes -- the problem is that starting with Tiger the menus apparently
interpret more keys than they did on Panther (in Panther, I was
responsible for all non-command keys).

I'll refrain from cursing, but key handling in OS X isn't the most well
thought out thing, especially when they mix in Carbon “managers” in
Cocoa programs that eat half your keys...

But I'll try to figure out what's going on, when I run Tiger on my main
partition!