[TxMt] document tabs redux / wish list

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 17:51:11 UTC 2005

Attn: David Lee, but also for others similarly afflicted.

I might be in a temporary bad mood situation right now, but I just have
to say the following:

1. 	PLEASE start a new subject in a NEW e-mail !!  DO NOT do a reply to
something else and then change the subject title. This is simple basic
ML etiquette, so please make an effort to follow this.  David has now
been asked nicely twice in one day, so here's hoping for some results
;-)

2.  The importance of using people's correct names: (For everyone's
benefit)

On 31 Mar 2005, at 17:44, David Lee wrote:
> Hi Allen / all ...

Our names are among the most valuable possessions we have in our lives.
Most humans put great value in being named correctly and in having
their name remembered correctly by others.  If I called you Duvad Lee I
guess you wouldn't be too pleased.  Maybe it doesn't bother you, and if
that's the case, then it should from now onwards, as you will be at a
constant disadvantage when dealing with other people if you don't
remember their names correctly.

I doubt that Allan would ever ignore you or your views/ideas/questions,
but I am 99% certain that somewhere subconsciously in Allan's mind you
would loose some brownie-points by not spelling his name correctly
twice.

My name is Mats and I am tired of being called the wrong name by people
- generally English speakers - that can't be bothered to learn a new
name. I find it rude and think it shows bad manners.

Enough said.

Kind regards,

Mats

----
"TextMate, coding with an incredible sense of joy and ease"
- www.macromates.com -