Hard wrap (was:: [TxMt] Smart Typing Question - Go To End Of Line)

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Mar 31 01:21:09 UTC 2005

On Mar 31, 2005, at 1:54, David Lee wrote:

> On the topic of text, there is one thing which emacs handles really
> well.

David, please start a new thread when you change the topic. There's no
reason to make this a followup to an existing thread, and by doing so,
you degrade the usefulness of having threading in mail clients. I don't
know if I need to list the advantages of having threading!?!

> Auto-fill mode hard wraps lines of text (on word endings) when you get
> past
> n chars in a line. Alt-Q re-linebreaks a whole paragraph so it fits
> nicely
> within n chars.

There's currently no hard wrap in TextMate but you can re-wrap a
paragraph using ctrl-F or ctrl-shift-F to have it with non-ragged right
margin.

    If you make a column selection and use any of
    these actions, it'll wrap the paragraph so
    that it fits inside the margins of the column
    selection. Like I have done for this
    paragraph! :)