[TxMt] Smart Typing Question - Go To End Of Line

Steve Lianoglou lists at arachnedesign.net
Wed Mar 30 23:35:03 UTC 2005

Fred B. wrote:

> Option + right arrow puts the cursor at the start of the next word
> (after the ")")
> Cmd+right arrow or Ctrl+E puts the cursor at the end of the line.
>
> This is true in all Cocoa apps, I think.

Aside from that though .. I think he means something akin to how Eclipse can do ...

It'll do all the smart typing w/ the putting the cursor in the smack dab in between quotes, parenthesis, etc ... but if I hit the semicolon, it jumps out of the quotes/parens whatever put it at the end of the line for me ...

Isn't that nice? ... I wonder if we could mimic something like that w/ textmate  ... in jEdit I have a shortcut ... ctrl-; which jumps to the end of the line and drops a semicolon ... not as slick, but still helpful.

-steve