FTP client (was .. RE: [TxMt] Re: Bare Bones [was: Public to-do list for TM (was: TextileBundle?)

Tom Lazar tom at tomster.org
Wed Mar 30 17:11:13 UTC 2005

On 30.03.2005, at 19:01, Fred B. wrote:

> Next authentication method: publickey
> Trying private key: /Users/fredb/.ssh/id_rsa
> Offering public key: /Users/fredb/.ssh/id_dsa
> Server accepts key: (...)
> read PEM private key done: type DSA
> Authentication succeeded (publickey).
> (...)

thanks for clearing that up! does it silently check for '~/.ssh.id_dsa'
or is there a way to specify a particular key?

> Maybe you should check the facts before firing your
> oh-so-great-sarcasm? ;)

but seriously, it was the first thing I checked, when Transmit3 came
out recently - I've obviously missed that option.

I'll definitely give Transmit another try now.

I do think, that the sheer fact that ftp clients are discussed so much
here on the list shows that remote editing seems to be an important
aspect of a text editor (especially one geared towards developers and
admins).

So unless nobody intervenes I say, keep those ftp-related postings
coming, I - for one - find them rather useful.

best regards,

tom
--
tom lazar <tom at tomster.org>