FTP client (was .. RE: [TxMt] Re: Bare Bones [was: Public to-do list for TM (was: TextileBundle?)

Fred B. fredb7 at starflam.com
Wed Mar 30 17:01:24 UTC 2005

On 30 mars 05, at 15:32, Tom Lazar wrote:

> thanks for the hint, I checked it out. But just like the other
> oh-so-great professional-ftp-client-for-money (transmit) interarchy,
> too, doesn't support authentication via public/private key pair and
> thus useless for me in 90% of cases :-(

I don't know for Interarchy, but what makes you think Transmit doesn't
support publickey authentication?

Transmit 3.0.2 Session Transcript
(...)
Next authentication method: publickey
Trying private key: /Users/fredb/.ssh/id_rsa
Offering public key: /Users/fredb/.ssh/id_dsa
Server accepts key: (...)
read PEM private key done: type DSA
Authentication succeeded (publickey).
(...)

Maybe you should check the facts before firing your
oh-so-great-sarcasm? ;)

--
Fred