[TxMt] "Edit in TextMate" service broken

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Wed Mar 30 09:06:50 UTC 2005

On Mar 30, 2005, at 5:49, Eric Ocean wrote:

> When I try to use this from Safari, Safari hangs (expected) but
> nothing happens in TextMate. I used to use this feature often, but as
> another user on my machine. I've since deleted that user, so I can't
> comment as to whether or not it would still work in that account.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix things so they work again?

hmm... so it seems the service is present, but just doesn't launch
TextMate?

My first thought was that the service was installed for the user you
deleted. You can install it in either ~/Library/Services or
/Library/Services.

You can check if the service was actually started using Activity
Monitor, if you're using 1.1 of the service, the process name is
TextMate Service. And I assume you know how to check if TextMate was
running ;)

Did you try rebooting or was this a fast user switch? I wouldn't be
surprised if the latter would cause problems.