[TxMt] A Kill Line (C-k) and Yank (C-y) implementation

Chris Brierley thebrier at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 18:46:16 UTC 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 14:32:08 +0100, Tom Lazar <tom at tomster.org> wrote:

> however, that sounds, like a macro should be able to do that,
> because it's essentially just two steps: select from cursor to
> line end, cut

If that satisfies you, it's certainly a *much* simpler way of doing it.

The problem, at least for me, is that it's not how "real" ^k works. It
has pretty specific behavior:

* It kills form the point to the end of the line, not consuming the newline.
* UNLESS it's at the beginning of a blank line in which case it *does*
consume the newline.
* It appends consecutive kills to a buffer which can then all be
yanked out at once with one key combo: ^y.
* It uses, purposely, a separate kill buffer from the clipboard.

In order to get all of that functionality, which is what I'm used to,
I had to do a bunch of crazy stuff with commands, tmp files, and
macros.

So, this bundle is probably only for people who are really used to the
standard ^k/^y behavior and haven't been able to train themselves to
do it another way with TextMate.