[TxMt] document tabs

Tom Lazar tom at tomster.org
Sat Mar 26 13:36:50 UTC 2005

On 26.03.2005, at 10:20, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:

> Multiple rows of tabs is a *really bad* idea from a usability
> standpoint.
> That is why they are nowhere to be found in OS X. And almost any other
> program that I know of that uses tabs (Firefox, Safari, etc.), does not
> support multiple rows.

i can't stress this enough. anyone requesting multi-line tabs should
spend 30
minutes in front of a windows boxen changing settings for the system or
in
microsoft office.

that should settle the issue once and for all...

i personally attribute the loss of at least some of my hair to
multi-row tabs in
windows and office but my wife says it's genetic ;-)

tom
--
tom lazar <tom at tomster.org>
http://tomster.org