[TxMt] Bloating?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Mar 25 17:56:34 UTC 2005

On Mar 23, 2005, at 22:00, H H wrote:

> I really like TextMate because its is not overly boated with features.
>  For instance, the discussion on adding an SFTP client to it, is
> baffling -- I don't like TextWrangler because the program is trying to
> do everything for everybody -- even its preferences are too
> complicated for most users.

It's definitely a priority for me to keep the GUI of TextMate as simple
as possible -- I don't like adding settings/options unless they really
do make sense, and I don't like features that may get in the way for
people who do not use these features.

I do see some concerned about bloat (outside this ML also), but
although I doubt any software author would declare bloat his goal, I
definitely have the opposite goal. Finding the features/infrastructure
that give optimal end-user flexibility is certainly what I try to
pursue with TextMate.