[TxMt] Bloating?

Jeroen van der Ham jeroen at je-ju.net
Thu Mar 24 15:48:33 UTC 2005

Sorry, my previous argument was not too clear:

I am *not* against (S)FTP support in TextMate. I'd love to have it, as
some kind of extension/plugin or whatever.

But I strongly disagree with the reason given for it in your original
mail. TM should not implement an SFTP plugin because every other editor
has it. TM's doing things it's own way and I like it so far.

There was no preference window in the beginning, but back then it wasn't
needed that badly. Now it has a lot of new features it did not have in
the beginning and a preference window was added. Why? Not because every
other editor has it, but simply because it would make things work easier
in TextMate.

Jeroen.