FTP client (was .. RE: [TxMt] Re: Bare Bones [was: Public to-do list for TM (was: TextileBundle?)

Jason Perkins jperkins at sneer.org
Wed Mar 23 16:45:22 UTC 2005

On Mar 23, 2005, at 10:32 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> There are IMO many good reasons why I should only focus on the actual
> text editing part of TextMate, but this naturally begs for good 3rd
> party extensibility of the editor.
>
> It does bother me tremendously that I have to spend my time writing
> ftp support since a) this should be made available to all applications
> through e.g. a decent Finder implementation instead of having each app
> re-invent the wheel, b) this is probably unused by the majority of
> TextMate users and c) it has nothing to do with a text editor.

Amen! I can't believe the number of people who find it objectionable
that they should have to buy an (s)ftp client, of which there are
several that are very good available (I prefer the latest Transmit). I
hope that you keep the (s)ftp feature set sharply limited to the basics
and focus on the text editing portions of TextMate.