Bare Bones [was: [TxMt] Public to-do list for TM (was: Textile Bundle?)

William D.Neumann wdnx at unm.edu
Fri Mar 18 13:52:21 UTC 2005

On Mar 18, 2005, at 3:59 AM, Mark Smith wrote:

> That they don't listen to users, don't ever announce planned features
> and haven't added anything significant to their products in an age is
> bullshit.

Really?  when was the last time they added anything significant to
Mailsmith?  I'm not even sure there were any significant additions with
the 2.0 release...  Have they even hinted that they might even be
considering thinking about looking at adding IMAP support yet?  I don't
really know about the second one, as I stopped reading that mailing
list when it became obvious IMAP support wasn't coming anytime soon
(and that they weren't planning on dropping that horrible database they
use for their mailstore).

Anyway, that's neither here nor there.  Suffice it to say that the Bare
Bones public interface model has left me with a very bad taste in my
mouth, and resulted in them losing me as a customer.  At the same time
I find Allan's style much more to my liking.  Now if he would just get
to work on making TextMate fix my code for me as I'm typing it in...

William D. Neumann

"You've got Rita Marlowe in the palm of your hand."
"Palm of my hand?  You haven't seen Rita Marlowe..."

		-- Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?