[TxMt] Re: subversion bundle feature request

kumar mcmillan kmcmillan at leapfrogonline.com
Thu Mar 17 17:17:16 UTC 2005

On Mar 17, 2005, at 10:53 AM, Chris Thomas wrote:

> On Mar 17, 2005, at 8:04 AM, kumar mcmillan wrote:
>
>> Could you add an option to the Subversion commands for this?
>> something like "Commit Entire Project".  Or am I missing something
>> that already exists for this?
>
> Select all of the files in the project list (Make sure keyboard focus
> is in the project list, then press command/apple-A), then Commit.

aha.  Yeah, after I posted that message I also tried selecting just the
root folder for the project and committing from there, which worked.

However, if there could be one keystroke to "Commit Entire Project"
then that would be _very_ convenient.  It seems unecessary to ctl-tab
back to the project drawer and select the root folder, etc.

> There is one problem with Entire Project commands, which is that
> there's no way at present to get a list of the files in the project,
> and it's possible to mix files from different directories in a
> project, so TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY doesn't really cover all the
> possibilities. For this reason, I'm considering removing Update Entire
> Project.

hmm, I see the problem.  Hopefully a future version of TextMate will
support a variable for all files in a project, or something equivalent.
  Maybe I will try a hack command to commit at the level of
$TM_PROJECT_DIRECTORY since I always create a project from a single
directory [... to workaround some bugs that are probably fixed by now].