[TxMt] subversion

Paul McCann pmccann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 05:52:15 UTC 2005

Robert Ullrey <robert_ullrey at mac.com> wrote:

>  svn checkout --username anon --password anon http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk ~/Bundles/

For anyone "lucky" enough to be trapped behind an authenticating squid
proxy that hasn't been set up to talk the right sort of talk for the
webdav requests that svn requires (see
http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#proxy for the details) it's
definitely worth trying the above command with "https" instead of
"http". I had been trying without any success to download the TM
bundles using svn, and dreading the thought of trying to convince
someone in our IT division to recompile squid. Changing the URL to
https led to a beautiful flood of files in my ~/Bundles directory.

Cheers,
Paul