[TxMt] Split Panes: who/what/when/where/why

David Lee david at davelee.com.au
Wed Mar 16 03:26:29 UTC 2005

Here's a couple of suggestions.

Anyone here familiar with Komodo (activestate)? Sadly not available for mac
but very good for scripting languages (if you like an ide) for windows &
linux.

A few things in particular which rock about it:

1) for perl, php, tcl etc, interactive syntax checking : uses the local
interpreter to check for syntax errors & displays them (underline text red ,
errs in status bar) as you type. Downside: can be very slow

2) brilliant regexp composer. Similar to Kdevelops.

3) built - in python shell window. See also Kate's wonderful integrated
shell. Can we have a shell window for TM sometime (maybe just in its own tab
for now) ? We could set up macros or whatever to start this in IRB /
whatever interactive shell we like - hell, we could run emacs inside
textmate :) !

Of all these, #3 would be the most awesome for TM.

Anyone know of a similar (#2) standalone interactive regexp editor for the
Mac ?