[TxMt] help: pdflatex path

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Tue Mar 15 23:28:05 UTC 2005

On Mar 15, 2005, at 4:36, Mr. Robert Ullrey wrote:

> Ok, stupid question, but I can not remember how to define the pdflatex
> path in the shell preferences.

There are two variables you should set to fix the path problem:
    SHLVL=1
    BASH_ENV=/etc/profile

The former is a workaround for a bug in bash and the latter sets which
file bash should read before executing commands from within TextMate.
Both of these variables are set like this by default in beta 5, but if
you've made changes to the shell variables prior to beta 5, you won't
get the defaults.

I have changed it for beta 6 so that 1) these variables are always set,
even if you do not set them in the preferences and 2) BASH_ENV is set
to a bash_init.sh script located in the TextMate bundle which does:
    [ -f /etc/profile ] && . /etc/profile
    [ -f ~/.bash_profile ] && . ~/.bash_profile

This should hopefully solve all future path problems, since by default
this will then give TM the same path as when running a normal
interactive shell.

But for now, just set the BASH_ENV and SHVL variables.