[TxMt] Split Panes: who/what/when/where/why

Chris Messina factoryjoe at factorycity.net
Mon Mar 14 18:43:46 UTC 2005

Edmund Harriss wrote:

>> Why does TextMate lack any sort of single-project/multi-window
>> functionality (the most functional and common implementation being
>> arbitrary split panes within the editor windows, as in jEdit, Emacs,
>> Xcode, Visual Studio, et multi al.)? Is there any intention of adding
>> such functionality (in the near future)?
>

> I would also love to see this feature.

Me three!

And I think that making the tabs detachable would grealy facilitate
this. Check out how Adium does it (2mb):

http://www.factorycity.net/tmp/adium_detachable_tabs.mpeg.mov

Chris

--

Do the evolution. Get Firefox!
<http://spreadfirefox.com/community/?q=affiliates&id=5&t=4>

Quote of the moment: /"Simplicity is in taking the elegant path. It is
also a conscious choice— to achieve simplicity one must eschew
complexity. Simple things must be simple."/ -- author unknown