[TxMt] Stupid svn Repository Question

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sun Mar 13 16:11:04 UTC 2005

On Mar 13, 2005, at 14:37, Mark Sapa wrote:

>>> just a stupid question after puttering along with the Bundle
>>> repository for a while: Is there an easy way of checking out the
>>> entire "trunk" to a local directory?
>> If I understand you correctly, yes, just do this:
> This just gets me:
>> [moerk at mungon]~ 610 % svn checkout --username anon --password anon
>> http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk ~/Bundles/
>> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/Bundles/trunk'
>> svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/Bundles/trunk': 403 Forbidden
>> (http://macromates.com)IND of '/svn/Bundles/trunk': 403 Forbidden
>> (http://macromates.com)

I haven't seen this error before, and I just did a fresh checkout to
/tmp as anon w/o problems.

I'm using (from Darwin Ports): svn, version 1.1.1 (r11581)
    compiled Jan  3 2005, 08:45:07

The above does look like maybe the login/password is not accepted. Try
  1) remove --username/--password from the options to see if it then
prompts for password and
  2) remove the ~/.subversion directory (where it caches authentication)

#2 will remove cached authentications, your configuration (if you have
one) etc. -- so maybe back it up first, if you think there might be
info in there you need.

> Would it be possible to make the entire trunk available as a .tbz or
> something similar?

I could, but it would be nice to figure out why svn isn't working :)

> (Actually, rsync would be absolutely perfect for me, but I can
> understand that I
> might be in the minority here...)

svn should be better than rsynch, I have the repository checked out as
~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles -- that way, I just need
to cd to that directory and do 'svn up' when there's new stuff, and I
can naturally also commit my customizations directly.

Can anyone with the Fink svn-client-ssl please try to do a full
checkout of the repository, preferably with the same version as Mark,
to check if the problem is related to this build of svn?

> (PS: Do I need to spell it out? TextMate rocks! Thanks, Alan! Thanks
> also to all the
> Bundle developers!)

Thanks! And I'm of course also grateful for all the work that goes into
contributing with bundle stuff!