[TxMt] Stupid svn Repository Question

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Sun Mar 13 12:28:36 UTC 2005

On 13 Mar 2005, at 12:16, Mark Sapa wrote:
> just a stupid question after puttering along with the Bundle
> repository for a while: Is there an easy way of checking out the
> entire "trunk" to a local directory?

If I understand you correctly, yes, just do this:

type this into Terminal for the whole TM Bundles repository
svn checkout --username anon --password anon
http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk  /Path/2/Save/Location

or this for just a particular bundle:
svn checkout --username anon --password anon
http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/<NameOfTMbundle>
/Path/2/Save/Location/<NameOfTMbundle>

> And, after checking out individual bundles, is it normal to get
> messages
> like
>> svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/Bundles/!svn/vcc/default'
>> svn: REPORT of '/svn/Bundles/!svn/vcc/default': 503 unknown method
>> (http://macromates.com)

Not an SVN expert, but no that's not normal.  What are you actually
trying to do there ???

An excellent GUI app to use is svnX. For more info visit this page: [
http://www.lachoseinteractive.net/en/community/subversion/ ]
I actually use it to keep my local copy up to date with the main
Bundles repos

Kind regards,

Mats

----
"TextMate, coding with an incredible sense of joy and ease"
- www.macromates.com -